Sunday, November 7, 2010
Two Become One
I never really took in what that meant until just the other day, when I was looking into my daughters eyes. Ever since she was born, and I would look into her eyes, I would see myself. It was the most surreal feeling to look at this little person and see a glimpse of yourself. Then I wondered if I was being biased because she was "my" baby! LOL So, I asked Brent if when he looked at her, did he see me in her eyes or himself!?!?!? He said, "I see myself!" Punch to the gut, let me tell you :( Even though he said that, I still see myself in her a lot. But...... when she smiles I see so much of her daddy too! I guess it just depends on the face she is making at the moment. Now I can honestly say I DO see us both! What better way to join two people, than in the creation of a child. She is the best of both of us, in one little body! She makes me realize what marriage really is. Not that I didn't realize what my marriage meant, but sometimes the craziness of the day to day can make you not appreciate what have. I love my daughter and I love my husband. To look at her, have so much unconditional love for her, see her for her, realize how blessed we are, see my husband, and appreciate what God has joined together is amazing! I love my little family!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment